Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Reflection on the slides created by the class



The activity that I chose to use in my own class is the one that Belal posted on the World Languages Activities slides that are created by the students of this Classroad class.
Since the topic of endangered animals is not in any of my lesson plans, I will adopt this activity for other topics.  For example, my activity maybe like this:

Description: Students create a song to help others learn about the body parts and their descriptions.  For example, oval eyes, round face, tiny nose, short hair etc… 

Adaptation/Technology: The students will choose one person in their life be it their father, friend or significant other. They can include their photos if available.  Then they need to collect adjectives from their book that they've already learned.  They make a list and work with those adjectives.  If they needed different ones, they can use Google Translate  to look up rhyming ones.  When done with their created songs, they will sing the songs and record them using an online tool such as Vocaroo or Speakpipe, then they embed/upload the audio recording to their class on Moodle.  They will include the lyrics as well.   The challenge is whether Moodle will allow posting the lyrics side by side with the audio. We have to figure that one out.  Moodle is the platform that I use for my classes.  If Moodle fails, we can do the presentation is on voicethread.  The students can record the songs in a comment and type the lyrics in another comment.

1 comment:

  1. Salam Anahid. I am glad you found the activity useful. Please tell me how it goes!
    Best regards, Belal

    ReplyDelete